Chile Shack John woke up saying TGIF ….. and I agree! In case you are looking for something fun to do tomorrow – head on out to Shakori Hills for the Hops and Roots Festival. A day of live music, local beer and local food.
$5 SPECIAL Cup of Lentil Soup with one spanakopita and one tyropita (spinach and cheese pies)
Roasted Lamb – superior lamb from Lisa Duff, we roasted with a touch of mint, garlic and tomatoes. Nothing finer! Enjoy on a grilled pita with you choice of three toppings $8.75
Beef Shoulder Pita Sandwich Smith Angus Farm beef shoulders slow roasted with Screech Tomatoes and some onion served on a grilled pita with your choice of three toppings $8
RICE BOWL – our brown rice topped with your choice of any or all of the following ($7 veg only $8 with meat) All rice toppings are Gluten Free!
- Green Chile Beef Stew our signature made from scratch soup local beef bones for the broth, local stew beef, local roasted green chiles and some veggies.
- Lentils our signature made from scratch lentil soup made with extra grated carrots and lots of turmeric good for your body and your taste buds!
- Slow Roasted Beef Smith Angus Farm beef shoulder roasted with Screech tomatoes and a little onion
- Roasted Lamb – melt in your mouth lamb from Lisa Duff’s farm.
- Braised Kale– nothing tastes better than a bowl of kale with a dollop of tzatziki : )
SOUPS SOUPS SOUPS
Green Chile Beef Stew our signature made from scratch soup local beef bones for the broth, local stew beef, local roasted green chiles and some veggies $5
Avgolemono (Greek Chicken Soup) our homemade chicken broth with orzo and chicken, this soup is finished with local eggs and fresh lemon juice which gives it a creamy texture with no milk! $4
Lentil Soup our signature made from scratch lentil soup made with extra grated carrots and lots of turmeric good for your body and your taste buds! $3.25
DESSERTS DESSERTS DESSERTS
Joan Thompsons Delicious Cookies cookies $0.65 ea or 2 for $1
Katie Bennetts Delicious Cheesecake quite the cheesecake from quite the baker $3.50 ea
Amazing Apple Cake – Judy Hogans recipe, Okfuskee Farm grown and milled rye flour!, Judy Hogans eggs, homeland creamery butter and a good dose of walnuts, currants, raisins and golden raisins this is one of the healthiest delicious cakes around and chock full of Chatham County goodness! $2.50 slice $12 cake
Olive Oil Brownies! dark chocolate, milk chocolate and olive oil whats not to luv? ($1.50)