I LOVE mornings like this! the kitchen is INSANE! food flying out the door for Camp Royall and Piedmont Biofuels “The Shift is ON” event. Another reason today is special, we have baby spring lamb from Lisa Duff – a rare treat for Lisa to offer us these ewes as we usually take older rams. If you are a lamb lover be sure to come early and try a bite. I wish my Dad were around, he would have loved this dish today.
The added bonus the universe gave us today? An amazing bounty of fresh beautiful squash blossoms, fresh baby corn, purple spring onions and a few more little edible flowers from our friend Adrian Thorn. Of course Murray Cohen knows Adrian and thinks highly of him – some serious praise from my old farmer buddy xox Thank you Adrian for the beautiful stuff to decorate our tables today woowhooooo
$5 SPECIAL Cup of Lentil Soup with one spanakopita and one tyropita (spinach and cheese pies)
Lisa Duff Amazing Spring Lamb Pita – a rare treat of spring ewes, roasted with a touch of fresh mint and Screech Owl tomato served on a grilled pita with your choice of three toppings. No better lamb in the whole state! $9 (it should be $12, but John won’t let me)
Lilly Den farm Pork Shoulder BH43 BBQ Pita Melt in your mouth pork shoulder slow roasted with BH43 BBQ sauce from our own Bill Hall from Northwood HS served on a grilled pita with your choice of three toppings$8
RICE BOWL – our brown rice topped with your choice of any or all of the following ($7 veg only $8 with meat) All rice toppings are Gluten Free!
- Green Chile Beef Stew our signature made from scratch soup local beef bones for the broth, local stew beef, local roasted green chiles and some veggies.
- Lentils our signature made from scratch lentil soup made with extra grated carrots and lots of turmeric good for your body and your taste buds!
- Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder with BH43 BBQ Sauce Lilly Den Farm pork shoulder roasted with Bill Hall’s BH43 BBQ sauce .. mmmm
- Lisa Duff’s Spring Lamb – roasted with a touch of fresh mint and Screech owl tomatoes
- Judy Hogan Braised Leeks baby leeks from Judy hogan braised with carrot and tomato and a touch of olive oil
SOUPS SOUPS SOUPS
Green Chile Beef Stew our signature made from scratch soup local beef bones for the broth, local stew beef, local roasted green chiles and some veggies $5
Avgolemono (Greek Chicken Soup) our homemade chicken broth with orzo and chicken, this soup is finished with local eggs and fresh lemon juice which gives it a creamy texture with no milk! $4
Lentil Soup our signature made from scratch lentil soup made with extra grated carrots and lots of turmeric good for your body and your taste buds! $3.25
DESSERTS DESSERTS DESSERTS
Joan Thompsons Delicious Cookies cookies $0.65 ea or 2 for $1
Katie Bennetts Delicious GF Lemon Pound Cake Muffin this dessert ROCKS! $2 ea Add fresh black raspeberries for $2
Katie Bennetts Famous Cheesecake $3.50
Olive Oil Brownies! dark chocolate, milk chocolate and olive oil whats not to luv? ($1.50)