it’s true – you get from the universe what you put into it. We see this pattern in nature, in chemistry, in physics, in our bodies. I LOVE when this happens! especially when it’s the good being reflected back in – it’s a reminder to be good today : ) On tap for today? Lisa Duff’s delicious lamb roasted with some fresh local mint and Screech owl tomatoes; our greek lasagana (Pastichio) featuring Murray Cohen’s ground beef and Homeland Creamery milk and Lindley Mills flour; the last bit of Wilbur’s collards. mmmmmm
$5 SPECIAL a cup lentil soup with one spinach pie and one cheese pie
Blue Plate Special Pick one main dish and two side dishes $9
CHOOSE ONE MAIN:
- Lisa Duff roasted leg of lamb and lamb shoulders
- Smith Angus Farm slow roasted beef shoulder
- Pastichio (greek lasagana) with Murray Cohen’s ground beef
PICK TWO SIDES:
- Wilbur’s collards with carrots and tomato,
- side salad
- a cup of lentil soup.
Roasted Local lamb Pita Sandwich– wishing you had access to a REAL lamb pita, made with locally raised lamb and dressed with homemade toppings? your wait is over! the BEST lamb sandwich in the state (I know i’m being cocky, but for real this is the best you’ll find anywhere!) thanks to Lisa’s hard work <3 $8.25
Slow Roasted Beef Shoulder Sandwich – Smith Angus Farm slow roasted beef served on a grilled pita bread with your choice of three toppings. This is also the BEST beef sandwich in the state if you ask me – though more folks are serving versions of this sandwich …. so i can be more calm : ) $8
Pastichio (Greek Lasagna) – not in the mood for all the sides? enjoy a piece of Pastichio on it’s own – the noodles, delicious ground beef from Cohen Farm with a touch of cinnamon and the decadent bechamel made with local dairy and flour $8
RICE BOWL – our brown rice topped with your choice or any or all of the following: ($6.75 veg only $8 with meat) all our rice toppings are gluten free
- Green Chile Beef Stew Smith Angus Farm stew beef, Screech Owl hot green chiles, homemade beef broth, lots of veggies.
- Lentils Lentils, turmeric, carrots and a good dose of garlic. Add to any dish!
- Braised Collards Wilbur’s collards with olive oil, carrots and Screech Owl tomatoes!
- Lisa Duff Lamb Shoulders and Leg Delicious roasted lamb cooked with a touch of tomato, fresh mint and garlic and a sprinkle of lemon juice. (wish it wasn’t lent so i could some too!)
SOUPS SOUPS SOUPS
Lentil Soup A soup full of carrots, garlic and turmeric $3.25
Green Chile Beef Stew our green chile stew made using homemade beef broth, Screech Owl green chiles, Smith Angus stew beef and lots of veggies ($4.75)
Greek Chicken Soup our homemade chicken broth and orzo soup finished with fresh lemon juice and local eggs ($3.75)
Joan Thompsons Delicious Cookies cookies $0.65 ea or 2 for $1
Katies Excellent Cheesecake mmmmm good! noone makes a cheesecake as good as Katies! $3.50 slice
Amazing Apple Cake – Judy Hogans recipe, Okfuskee Farm grown and milled rye flour!, Judy Hogans eggs, homeland creamery butter and a good dose of walnuts, currants, raisins and golden raisins this is one of the healthiest delicious cakes around and chock full of Chatham County goodness! $2.50 slice $12 cake
Olive Oil Brownies! dark chocolate, milk chocolate and olive oil whats not to luv? ($1.50)