Happy Thursday Chatham County 🙂 be sure to go visit our farmers at the Pittsboro farmers market this afternoon
If you need a fix of local food before market opens (or even afterwards) come on by and get some of Chile Shack John’s frito pie!
$5 Special – A cup of Lentil soup with 1 spanakopita and 1 tyropita (cheese pie)
$7.75 Chile Shack John’s Famous Frito Pie – Enjoy a serving of Smith Angus Farm ground beef and Cohen farm hot sausage cooked with Screech owl tomato and roasted green chiles over a bed of fritos. Go meat free with our Spicy pinto beans served over a bed of fritos … or go whole hog and get a mix! greek yogurt and or shredded cheese upon request.
$8.50 Smith Angus Farm Beef shoulder served on a grilled pita with your choice of three toppings
RICE BOWL – our signature brown rice bowl with your choice of any or all of the dishes below. $7.75 veggie only $8.50 with meat
- Green Chile Beef Stew
- Lentils with carrots and extra turmeric
- Spicy frito meat (Smith Angus ground beef and Cohen Farm hot sausage)
- Spicy pinto beans full of Screech owl roasted green chiles
- Smith Angus farm beef shoulder
- Peregrine Farm collards with carrot and Screech Owl tomato!
- Green Chile Beef Stew – our local beef stew with local beef, local green chiles, corn, onions, carrots and beans $5
- Lentil Soup – Our signature lentil soup, good any day, with plenty of carrots and turmeric for our bodies $3.25
- Avgolemono (Greek Chicken Soup) – a classic greek soup found in every greek home, made with homemade chicken broth and local eggs and fresh lemon juice. $4
- Joan Thompson’s Cookies best in the county! 2 for $1
- Olive Oil Double Chocolate Brownies $1.50
- Katie B Bakes – GF Chocolate Chess Pie! $7
- Katie B Bakes! – GF Lemon Pound Cake muffins $2
- LIBBA’S CREATIONS – awesome vegan RAW mindful sugars dessert bars
Leave a Reply