a great morning in the kitchen so far. Another large batch of touroulou in the oven .. what’s not to love about sweet potatoes, eggplant, onions, parsely, garlic, a touch of hot peppers and olive oil ALL from chatham county (except the olive oil) Plus a secret stash of Screech’s fairy eggplants .. so cute I may have to stuff them instead of chopping and making moussaka. More veggie news – we got another good size batch of swiss chard and will be making yet another batch of greens bake. The other news? we scored some super sweet amazing carrots from Cindy at Caliburn Farms. I am debating whether to add coconut milk to the cold soup or leave it as is .. it will be good either way! So many lovely veggies this time of year – it’s hard to choose what to cook! To top off the beautiful food choices, we have both Cohen Farm beef shoulders and pork roasts for the blue plate today! life is good in the kitchen.
SMOOTHIE UPDATE – today we’ll have black raspberries, strawberries and blueberries (all local) plus banana and pineapple. come in for a fresh cool drink!
$5 SPECIAL Cup of Lentil Soup with one spanakopita and one tyropita (spinach and cheese pies)
BLUE PLATE SPECIAL $9
Choose either Cohen Farm Pork Roast or Cohen Farm beef shoulder
Choose two sides:
- Cup of vichyssoise (leek and potato cold soup)
- Touroulou (eggplant and Sweet potato casserole)
- Side Salad
- Cup of lentil soup
Slow Roasted Beef Shoulder or Pork Roast Pita Sandwich Cohen Farm pork roast OR Cohen Farm beef shoulder slow roasted with tomato and some onion served on a grilled pita with your choice of three toppings $8
RICE BOWL – our brown rice topped with your choice of any or all of the following ($7 veg only $8 with meat) All rice toppings are Gluten Free!
- Green Chile Beef Stew our signature made from scratch soup local beef bones for the broth, local stew beef, local roasted green chiles and some veggies.
- Lentils our signature made from scratch lentil soup made with extra grated carrots and lots of turmeric good for your body and your taste buds!
- Cohen Farm Pork Roasts come enjoy the wonderful pork Murray and Esta provide from Cohen farm roasted with a touch of tomato and onion and plenty of garlic
- Cohen Farm Slow Roasted Beef Shoulder Cohen Farm beef shoulder slow roasted with a touch of tomato and garlic
- Touroulou one of our classic summer dishes 99% local and delish! Wandas sweet potatoes, Harland Creek Farm eggplant, Sunny Slope tomatoes, Wandas onions, garlic, olive oil salt and pepper . and you have a melt in your mouth rich fabulous vegan veggie dish good hot or cold ! over rice of by itself
SOUPS SOUPS SOUPS
Green Chile Beef Stew our signature made from scratch soup local beef bones for the broth, local stew beef, local roasted green chiles and some veggies $5
Avgolemono (Greek Chicken Soup) our homemade chicken broth with orzo and chicken, this soup is finished with local eggs and fresh lemon juice which gives it a creamy texture with no milk! $4
Lentil Soup our signature made from scratch lentil soup made with extra grated carrots and lots of turmeric good for your body and your taste buds! $3.25
Vichyssoise our vegetarian version of a fabulous cold leek and potato soup. The great news? Its friggin 99% Chatham County local!!!!! Judy Hogans leeks with Forever Green Farm coroalla potatoes. I am seriously thrilled we can make such delicious food within such a tight radius of our shop our local farmers ROCK! Served as is or ask for a dollop of greek yogurt if you like $5 cup
DESSERTS DESSERTS DESSERTS
Little Dippers ITALIAN ICE! 4oz cups of Little Dippers Italian Ice made right here in Pittsboro at Bella Donnas. Todays Flavors LEMON or MANGO $3
Joan Thompsons Delicious Cookies cookies $0.65 ea or 2 for $1
Katie Bennett’s Chocolate Chess personal pan pie – 2 – 3 generous servings of a rich gooey chocolate pie in a flaky crust. Katie makes the best pies in town! $7.50 whole pie $4 half pie
Katie Bennetts Famous Cheesecake $3.50
Olive Oil Brownies! dark chocolate, milk chocolate and olive oil whats not to luv? ($1.50)