The kitchen smells like turmeric and curry!! Maria and I have been snacking on curried chicken for breakfast and think we have a winner : ) In the meantime Chicle Shack John is on a mission to cook something personal and special for Nick. The kitchen couldn;t smell any better. Anyone wishing to celebrate Nick Meyer’s life is invited to St. Bartholomew church this Saturday. The memorial service starts at 4p and a reception with plenty of food will start just afterwards. Bring some beer and join us in toasting a wonderful member of our community that we already miss.
$5 SPECIAL Cup of Lentil Soup with one spanakopita and one tyropita (spinach and cheese pies)
Yogurt Curried Chicken our thick greek yogurt with a blend of curries and extra turmeric served over rice or a bed of local lettuces $8
Slow Roasted Pork Pita Lilly Dens excellent shredded pork Shoulder on a grilled pita with your choice of three toppings $ 8.00
RICE BOWL – our brown rice topped with your choice of any or all of the following ($7 veg only $8 with meat) All rice toppings are Gluten Free!
- Green Chile Beef Stew our signature made from scratch soup local beef bones for the broth, local stew beef, local roasted green chiles and some veggies.
- Lentils our signature made from scratch lentil soup made with extra grated carrots and lots of turmeric good for your body and your taste buds!
- Greens Bake everyones favorite way to enjoy the bounty of local leafy greens! A mix of local swiss chard, spinach, mustard greens and lambsquarters mixed with a little local egg, ricotta, grated carrot and onions mmmmm
- Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder – Lilly Den Farm pork shoulder roasted with Screech Owl tomatoes and a touch of onion
- Yogurt Curried Chicken – our thick greek yogurt, a blend of curries and voila! delicious curry
SOUPS SOUPS SOUPS
Green Chile Beef Stew our signature made from scratch soup local beef bones for the broth, local stew beef, local roasted green chiles and some veggies $5
Avgolemono (Greek Chicken Soup) our homemade chicken broth with orzo and chicken, this soup is finished with local eggs and fresh lemon juice which gives it a creamy texture with no milk! $4
Lentil Soup our signature made from scratch lentil soup made with extra grated carrots and lots of turmeric good for your body and your taste buds! $3.25
DESSERTS DESSERTS DESSERTS
Joan Thompsons Delicious Cookies cookies $0.65 ea or 2 for $1
Katies Delicious Cheesecake $3.50
GF Pound Cake Muffins you never tasted GF this good! $2 ea
Amazing Apple Cake – Judy Hogans recipe, Okfuskee Farm grown and milled rye flour!, Judy Hogans eggs, homeland creamery butter and a good dose of walnuts, currants, raisins and golden raisins this is one of the healthiest delicious cakes around and chock full of Chatham County goodness! $2.50 slice $12 cake
Olive Oil Brownies! dark chocolate, milk chocolate and olive oil whats not to luv? ($1.50)