after spending the evening with my mom I had to wake up super early and prepare this dish for you – Youvarlakia – also known as Greek Meatball Soup – and some of my american friends growing up would call it “you’re gonna like it” soup! I know – dorky humor from me and my nerdy friends : ) the reason this is so funny is that the greek pronunciation of youvaralkia almost sounds like you’re gonna like it in english. ok… this may be my dorkiest moment so far on my little blog … but i’m sitting here laughing : ) thanks Mom! xo
$5 Special Cup of Lentil Soup with one spinach pie and one cheese pie
Youvarlakia (Greek Meatball Soup) – this excellent village dish deserves the best ingredients possible – Cohen Farm ground pork and ground beef with a touch of Lisa Duff’s ground lamb. You make these meatballs and then cook them in chicken broth. The finishing touch is a beautiful egg lemon sauce. Enjoy with a piece of french bread $7
$8 Smith Angus Farm Beef Brisket Pita Sandwich served on a grilled pita with your choice of three toppings
RICE BOWL our signature brow rice bowl with your choice of any or all of the dishes below. $7 veggie only $8 with meat
- Green Chile Beef Stew
- Lentils with carrots and extra turmeric
- Smith Angus Farm Slow Roasted beef brisket
- Roasted Eggplant – local eggplant baked with tomatoes from Adrian Thorn – delish!
- Green Chile Beef Stew our local beef stew with local beef, local green chiles, corn, onions, carrots and beans
- Lentil Soup Our signature lentil soup, good any day, with plenty of carrots and turmeric for our bodies
- Avgolemono (Greek Chicken Soup) a classic greek soup found in every greek home, made with homemade chicken broth and local eggs and fresh lemon juice.
- Vichyssoise our vegetarian version of a fabulous cold leek and potato soup. The great news? Its 99% Chatham County local!!!!! Bill Dow’s leeks with Forever Green Farm coroalla potatoes. $3.50 cup
- Joan Thompsons Cookies best in the county! 2 $1
- Olive Oil Brownies dark chocolate brownies made with olive oil $1.50
- Little Dippers Italian Ice made right here in PBO! Mango or Lemon $2