chilly chilly chilly – fortunately some of our local produce loves this weather. Today we’re cooking up some cabbage that’s melt in your mouth and super sweet. And my personal favorite – collards with local carrots and tomatoes. Also – all cooks out there – remember tomorrow is our Winter’s Farmer’s Market – just outside our shop from 5.30p – 7.30p. Come on by and buy your own veggies, meats and goodies and cook at home!
$5 SPECIAL a cup lentil soup with 1 cheese pie and 1 spinach pie
BLUE PLATE SPECIAL! Lilly Den farm slow roasted Pork shoulder with your choice of two sides! $9
SIDES – macaroni and cheese, braised cabbage, braised collards, side salad
a special batch of GLUTEN FREE Greek Chicken Soup (Avgolemono) my friend Angela came by yesterday looking for avgolemono made with rice. Since I hate to say no I whipped up a small batch today. First come, first served $3.75
Pork Pita Sandwich – our slow roasted Lilly Den Pork served on a grilled pita with your choice of 3 toppings $7.75
Baked Macaroni and Cheese – This southern staple flys out our door. Enjoy as a side dish $4 or make it a meal with a side salad add $3
RICE BOWL – our brown rice topped with your choice or any or all of the following: ($6.75 veg only $8 with meat) all our rice toppings are gluten free
- Green Chile Beef Stew Smith Angus Farm stew beef, Screech Owl hot green chiles, homemade beef broth, lots of veggies.
- Lentils Lentils, turmeric, carrots and a good dose of garlic. Add to any dish!
- Braised Cabbage – Okfuskee Farm cabbage, Rocky River carrots and Screech Owl tomatoes make for an amazing uber local veggie side!
- Braised Collards – Screech Owl collards and tomatoes with Rocky River carrots and a touch of olive oil and you’re eating the best veggie dish in town!
- Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder – Lilly Den Farm pork slow roasted with a touch of dried local hot peppers and onion.
SOUPS SOUPS SOUPS
Lentil Soup A soup full of carrots, garlic and turmeric $3.25
Green Chile Beef Stew our green chile stew made using homemade beef broth, Screech Owl green chiles, Smith Angus stew beef and lots of veggies ($4.75)
Greek Chicken Soup a fresh batch of our homemade chicken broth and orzo soup finished with fresh lemon juice and local eggs ($3.75)
Joan Thompsons Delicious Cookies cookies $0.65 ea or 2 for $1
Abilicious GLUTEN FREE goodies All I know is weve ordered a TON of chocolate chip cookies from Abi woowhoo!!! 2 chocolate chip cookies $1 GF Vegan sweet potato Brownie! $1.50
Amazing Apple Cake – Judy Hogans recipe, Okfuskee Farm grown and milled rye flour!, Olivias eggs, homeland creamery butter and a good dose of walnuts, currants, raisins and golden raisins this is one of the healthiest delicious cakes around and chock full of Chatham County goodness! $2.50 slice / $12 cake
Olive Oil Brownies! dark chocolate, milk chocolate and olive oil whats not to luv? ($1.50)
Leave a Reply