so my day started with a call from Screech informing me he has a mother load of shitakes! Then Chesle came in with two huge bags of clean beautiful corn. I knew right then and there it would be a great day : ) Even last night was cool – Sara, Erica, Margo and Shelly joined me at Urban Ministries of Durham and we prepared a fabulous meal for the guests …. roasted paprika chicken, rice and arugula with herbed butter, lentils, salad and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. As usual, finding my way to the mission is no problem – however finding my way home in Durham’s one way streets is always a chore. And last night I had Nick Meyer’s spirit in the car guiding me (like he had done so many times in the past). Here’s a shout out to my buddy Nick – gone but not forgotten!
$5 Special Cup of Lentil Soup with one spinach pie and one cheese pie
$8 King Chile Shack John’s TACO SALAD!
A fried tortilla shell filled with salad greens and your choice of spicy taco meat or spicy beans (vegan)
$8 Smith Angus Farm slow roasted beef brisket Pita Sandwich served on a grilled pita with your choice of three toppings
RICE BOWL our signature brow rice bowl with your choice of any or all of the dishes below. $7 veggie only $8 with meat
- Green Chile Beef Stew
- Lentils with carrots and extra turmeric
- Smith Angus Farm Slow Roasted beef brisket
- Vegan Spicy Beans!
- Touroulou – end of season eggplant with sweet potatoes – delish!
- Green Chile Beef Stew our local beef stew with local beef, local green chiles, corn, onions, carrots and beans
- Lentil Soup Our signature lentil soup, good any day, with plenty of carrots and turmeric for our bodies
- Avgolemono (Greek Chicken Soup) a classic greek soup found in every greek home, made with homemade chicken broth and local eggs and fresh lemon juice.
- Joan Thompsons Cookies best in the county! 2 $1
- Katie’s Cheesecake – thanks goodness! we were out for a few hours! $3.50
- GF Lemon Pound Cake Muffins $2
- Olive Oil Brownies dark chocolate brownies made with olive oil $1.50
Leave a Reply