hellooooooooo Chatham County! Chile Shack John and I enjoyed a few days of R&R and once again John cooked up an amazing dish : ) this weekend we stopped by the Western Wake Farmers Market where we met up with many of our own favorite farmers but also made some new friends. John of course was sidetracked by Fickle Creek Farm and their chorizo sign. He picked up a pack and brought it home determined to make some tasty tidbit. well folks – it was frigging delicious! Don Reese’s (Forever Green Farm) amazing corolla potatoes and Fickle Creek Farm chorizo – so tasty, you’ve never had a better chorizo breakfast. John may have to become the main chef here while I wander off and find us more catering work!
$5 Special Cup of Lentil Soup with one spinach pie and one cheese pie
$8 Smith Angus Farm Beef Brisket Pita Sandwich served on a grilled pita with your choice of three toppings
RICE BOWL our signature brow rice bowl with your choice of any or all of the dishes below. $7 veggie only $8 with meat
- Green Chile Beef Stew
- Lentils with carrots and extra turmeric
- Smith Angus Farm Slow Roasted beef brisket
- Eggplant Imam (roasted eggplant with tomato sauce)
- Green Chile Beef Stew our local beef stew with local beef, local green chiles, corn, onions, carrots and beans
- Lentil Soup Our signature lentil soup, good any day, with plenty of carrots and turmeric for our bodies
- Avgolemono (Greek Chicken Soup) a classic greek soup found in every greek home, made with homemade chicken broth and local eggs and fresh lemon juice.
- Joan Thompsons Cookies best in the county! 2 $1
- Olive Oil Brownies dark chocolate brownies made with olive oil $1.50
- Little Dippers Italian Ice made right here in PBO! Mango or Lemon $2
- Katies Cheesecake $3.50